Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Evil Eye PA - Evil Genius Beer Company

    Evil Eye PA (hah..hah) is an American India Pale Ale brewed by the Evil Genius Beer Company which is located in West Grove, Pennsylvania. I have to admit that I might have chuckled a little bit about the multiple meanings of the beer's name.

    Evil Eye PA pours a pale copper color with an off-white head. The head actually lingers for quite a while, and leaves thick lacing on the glass.

    The beer smells of floral hops with noticeable malt sweetness. There is definitely more malt to the nose of this beer than many other IPAs. There is an almost skunky smell to the beer, however, as though the hops may not have been fresh when they were used to brew it.

    Evil Genius's IPA is light to medium bodied with what seems to be a low level of carbonation. The beer has an almost flat feeling to it. Evil Eye PA has an alcohol content of 6% ABV.

The Evil Eye of Sauron is always watching for bad beer.
    The IPA is hop forward in taste, with some bitterness followed by some floral flavors. The malts then take over and mellow out the bitterness with an almost honey-like sweetness as well as flavors of caramel. Again, however, I'm detecting what seems to be a slight skunkyness to the beer.

    Oh, I get it now. It's called Evil Eye PA, the evil eye is also called the stink eye, skunks stink, this beer tastes and smells skunky. I think we've uncovered how the beer got its name!

    I'm really disappointed in this beer. The floral and citrus scents in the beer's aroma made me think that it would taste much better than it did. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or if this IPA always tastes somewhat off. I just hope that Evil Genius realizes what went wrong and fixes it ASAP!


Amulets and Ale Rating:


Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AmuletsAndAle!

No comments:

Post a Comment