Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blues' Golden Ale - 16 Mile Brewing Company

    Blues' Golden Ale is an American Blonde Ale crafted by 16 Mile Brewing Company which is located in Georgetown, Delaware. I received this beer as part of my second shipment of my craft brew club. According to the bottle, Blues' Golden Ale is named after the Delaware Blues, a military unit which fought in early every battle during the Revolutionary War.

    Living up to its name, Blues' pours a nice gold color with great transparency. There is barely any head to the beer and the bubbles fade quickly. A very pretty pour even without any head to speak of.

    There is barely any scent to the beer. What little can be smelled are sweet notes as well as a somewhat grassy scent. I'm actually disappointed in the lack of  a scent to the ale.

    Blues' Golden Ale is light bodied with a medium level of carbonation which seems to quickly fade away leaving the beer somewhat flat.

A true American Blonde Ale hero.

   The Blonde Ale's flavor is quite light and sweet. There is a grainy flavor to the ale which tastes almost bisquity. There is a sweet fruit flavor to the ale as well that is reminiscent of white grapes. Very little bitterness can be perceived in the ale's flavor, and at 5.9% ABV there is no alcohol presence.

    At this time, I'd like to voice an obvious concern I have about a beer soldier. Honestly I'm surprised we won the war with a soldier that fought in nearly every battle having a blood alcohol content of 5.8%. I'm surprised that the ale was able to get up and fight, let alone point his gun in the right direction. Those Red Coats must have been plastered as well. I mean, it would take like, what, a single tap on his glass exterior to kill Mr. Blonde Ale here? I suppose it could be beneficial to the fledgling United States if the English should kill Mr. Blonde Ale and drink of his alcoholic blood, reducing their effectiveness as well. I'm probably thinking too far into this.

    Blue's Golden Ale is an extremely light ale that I can see being good paired with seafood or other lightly flavored foods. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend the purely for drinking. The light flavors just don't make the beer special enough to warrant drinking when there are so many better ales in the style out there.

Amulets and Ale Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment