Monday, May 13, 2013

Snake River Pale Ale - Snake River Brewing Company

    Snake River Pale Ale is an American Pale Ale created by the Snake River Brewing Company which is located in Jackson, Wyoming.

    The beer lives up to its name by pouring a pale yellow color with around a finger of head. Some slight lacing can be seen on the glass.

    The Pale Ale smells of citrus hops with a slight aroma of caramel malts. The hops scents are more floral than piney in this beer.

    Snake River Pale Ale is medium bodied with a moderate level of carbonation. This beer is an example of where a beer's body and carbonation can work together to make the mouthfeel seem much thicker than the beer would alone. There is absolutely no alcohol character to the 5.2% ABV beer.

    As opposed to the usual hops-forward flavors of other Pale Ales, Snake River's Pale Ale first tastes like light caramel malts. This sweetness is followed up by a nice citrus hops profile which comes off as more flowery than bitter. Neither the sweetness, nor the bitterness is out of balance in this ale.
I bet snakes are angry drunks.

    I have to admit that when it comes to phobias, snakes are my main terror. I can't even imagine what Snake River must be like. I'm going to just hope that it got its name from it's windy nature rather than that it is full of snakes. My mind jumps right to a river which is made up of writhing, slithering snakes instead of water. You would fall into it and be covered by their long, squirming bodies. At that point, being bitten by a poisonous snake would be a blessing to me.

    Luckily, this beer is nowhere near as terrifying to me as a river made out of snakes. This Pale Ale is actually very well balanced and manages to bring out the flowery nature of hops rather than just bringing the bitter, pineyness that so many beers can't get past. I would say that Snake River's Pale Ale is a good Pale Ale, but it really doesn't do anything for me past that. Overall I feel that it is solely an average Pale Ale.


Amulets and Ale Rating:


   
Discuss this review and much more on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AmuletsAndAle

No comments:

Post a Comment